Thursday, February 19, 2009

JLT - Just like that!

Does love really exist,

or is it just a rosy veil to cover

the need for emotional sustenance?


Is a sacrifice really that noble and altruistic

or does it hint towards

A self destructive nature?


Has joy and happiness really been felt or

Is it simply in the anticipation of good surprises that

We find solace?


Is one ever actually with someone or

Is everyone forever alone?


I have felt that need for survival in

another’s love for me and

in my love for someone else.

Giving away bits of me has always been a relief.

I have experienced that sorrow always is and

Happiness is forever to be.

I have stood alone in many a madding crowd.

7 comments:

  1. Its beautiful....makes my heart ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sorrow/ happiness bits, so true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Giving away bits of me has always been a relief...

    I have stood alone in many a madding crowd."

    You know, these should be the lyrics of a U2 song...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Discount that comment - an example of fake arrogance. I'm not that good with modesty either..so won't try that.
    Thanks for your comments y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the two lines Piya picked out as well... Quite lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete