Friday, February 20, 2009

Onwards to the movies...

...and so,  of course, there will be days, when the sentences will often times than not , not start with the 'so' ( this is slightly off limits already). 

I realised, one of the things about wax statues which I cross or dream about, is that the space between the time they burn the candle to churn the wax, that space is disconcerting. Cos, probably it always stays put. The wax doesn't quite melt. I might avoid it, but it has hazel eyes, which hold. Disconcerting cos, looking away is probably like work- you need to do it. I love work, even so.

I've become a fan of Piya (the girl with the smart lines here) - it really should be like the movies.

2 comments:

  1. Upsana, wouldn't that be a dream (and better still, if we could choose what type of movie we were in, and cast the hero and the heroine)?? Actually, here's the funny thing... I wonder if in our quest to write the perfect movie or story, we do a disservice to what exists. I've often found myself turning my relationships into some fantasy, so that as they unfold, I'm also writing them. And now when I look back upon them, I wonder if the story tangled with what was there and somehow changed the course... I wonder what would have existed, what love story would have been shaped, if I hadn't shaped it? Perhaps sometimes, not often, the real thing is better than your imagination... if you'll just have the courage let it unfold. Movies are a great escape, but who's sitting beside you on the couch when the movie ends and your whole life awaits? That's the story worth living.

    PS: I love your observation about the work it takes to "look away"... so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...the question of whether she has met Mr Right or merely Mr Good Enough for Right Now" Serendipity

    ...but the Pyramids are still not at sight. I wish it was alright just to say (more so feel) that it's just a phase (albeit never-ending as of now)...

    ReplyDelete